Next week we are going to have another Ubuntu Online Summit (5-7 May 2015). This is (among many other things) a great time for you to get involved with, learn about and help shape Ubuntu Snappy.
As I said in my last blog post I’m very impressed to see the general level of interest in Ubuntu Snappy given how new it is. It’ll be great to see who is joining the sessions and who is going to get involved.
For those of you who are new to it: Ubuntu Online Summit is an open event, where we’ll plan in hangouts and IRC the next Ubuntu release. You can
- tune in
- ask questions
- bring up ideas
- get to know the team
- help out 🙂
This is the preliminary schedule. Sessions might still move around a bit, but be sure to register for the event and subscribe to the blueprint/session – that way you are going to be notified of ongoing work and discussion.
Tuesday, 5th May 2015
- 15:00 UTC: Snappy desktop (planning)
- also 15 UTC: A tour of the system-image client (demo)
- 16:00 UTC: Snappy phone (discussion)
- 19:00 UTC: Ubuntu Snappy: next steps (planning)
Wednesday, 6th May 2015
- 14:00 UTC: Snappy roundtable (discussion)
- 15:00 UTC: Snappy development tools (planning)
- 18:00 UTC: Snappy docs review (planning)
Thursday, 7th May 2015
- 14:00 UTC: Ubuntu Core Brainstorm – Calling all Snappy pioneers (planning)
This one is going to be great! If you have lots of crazy ideas, we definitely want you here.
- 16:00 UTC: Snappy Q&A (questions and answers)
Please note that we are likely going to add more sessions, so you should definitely keep your eyes open and check the schedule every now and then.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all and seeing us shape what Snappy is going to be! See you next week!