In the past weeks Nick, David, a few others and I worked on an app / a website, which could easily collect information which will give users of an Ubuntu device a head-start. All our collective experience and knowledge, easily added and translated.
We achieved quite a bit. We’re now very close to getting a first version of it online (both as an app in the store and as a website). We can quite reliably integrate translations and add new content.
We still have a few TODO items and it would be great if you could help out. If you can write a bit of documentation, translate content or fix some HTML/CSS bits or help out with testability. Any help at all will be appreciated.
- Add content. Just check out our branch and propose a merge. Read the HACKING doc beforehand.
- Translate. The content is likely going to change a bit in the next days still, but every edit or translation will be appreciated.
- Hack! We have a number of things we still want to improve. Read the HACKING doc beforehand. Here’s a list of things:
- Bug 1416385: Fix bullet points in the phone theme
- Bug 1428671: Remove traces of developer.ubuntu.com
- Bug 1428669: Clean up required CSS/JS
- Bug 1425025: Automatically load translated pages according to the user language.
- Bug 1428676: Create very basic test suite
- Bug 1428677: Check links as part of test suite
- Bug 1428678: Expose functions from translations.py to be picked up by test suite
- and there’s more.
Ping me on IRC, or balloons or dpm if you want to get involved. We look forward to working with you and we’ll post more updates soon.