I’m pleased to announce the following changes have landed in the Ubuntu Packaging Guide:
- The Packaging Guide is now fully translated into French! Bravo, équipe français! Thanks a lot everyone who helped out here!
- We moved from developer.ubuntu.com/packaging to our new home http://packaging.ubuntu.com - don’t despair, redirects are in place!This was done, because developer.ubuntu.com more and more moved into the direction of delivering tutorials for people who want to create content (apps, scopes, charms, etc.) on top of Ubuntu.
This also gives us the benefit that we don’t have to integrate the guide into a wordpress installation somehow, but maintain it all on our own. Thanks a lot Tom Haddon for helping set this up and Andrew Starr-Bochicchio for beautifying the landing page. Great work everyone!
- We are finally going to get rid of the old wiki guide. Andrew had announce the move many months ago and we should now be safe to remove the content.
Our journey is far from over. If you want to help out, please do!
- We have bugs filed against the packaging guide and need help. Some are tagged as ‘bitesize’ already.
- Please also help translating the guide. Many teams have already put some work into this. You can help out by either translating or reviewing translated strings.
Keep up the good work everyone. This is great! :-)