Another UDS, a new world to discover
As part of the Ubuntu community, I’ve been part of many UDSes and a growing number of vUDSes and while it’d be easy to say “Another UDS, more new work items.” and be done with it, I’m very excited about this UDS.
In the last years I’ve mostly been involved with the Ubuntu Developer community, so the people who build Ubuntu itself, which is what other people install, deploy and build on. Last cycle I helped with managing the software store project, which got me involved in many discussions about apps on Ubuntu. This cycle I’m diving much deeper into the waters of Ubuntu App development and I’m looking forward to it.
My major task will be to improve the materials we have for app development and generally raise awareness of Ubuntu as a great app platform. For this I will obviously have to learn a bit more about app development, so expect me to ask lots of questions in the next weeks. :-)
If this sounds like something you’re interested in or would like to help out with, here’s what I have noted down on my schedule for UDS, which starts tomorrow, 19th Nov 2013 and goes until 21st Nov 2013:
- 15:05 UTC: Build materials for the App Dev Schools initiative
- 16:05 UTC: Campaign to grow the number of tutorials videos
- 18:05 UTC: Understand what practical desktop usability issues exist with the current SDK
- 19:05 UTC: Click software store status and future development
- 14:00 UTC: Make click apps runnable from the Unity7 dash
- 15:05 UTC: Supporting touch apps on Ubuntu desktop
Looking forward to seeing you there! :-)