Reviewing patches for fun and profit
Today’s the day! We’ll get together and review heaps and heaps of Ubuntu patches.
If you’re not afraid of looking at code, testing out things, talking to people and enjoy making Ubuntu better and having a lot of fun, this event is just the right thing for you.
What you need to do is quite simple:
Here’s a very quick blow-by-blow run-down of how we plan to get the number of patches down to 0:
- read the bug entirely
- subscribe to it
- do a first sanity check (is it a genuine patch? is it a patch for the package in question? etc.)
- test if it still applies, test it
- forward to Debian (if applicable)
- forward to Upstream (if applicable)
- tag bug appropriately
- if necessary, get it sponsored
I hope we see you in #ubuntu-reviews in a bit. This is going to be great! Let’s get the number of patches down to 0 together! :-)