UDW - day 4
Yeeehaa! What a day it was!
- Alexander Sack explained how to package Firefox 3 Extensions! The session was very busy, let’s see how many extensions come up soon… :-)
- Lars Wirzenius introduced us to the joy of Writing Scripts For Automated Desktop Testing - loads of questions all around Python, the Accessibility framework, etc were asked and answered. Thanks a lor Lars for taking the time!
- Bughelper and python-launchpad-bugs Rock stars Markus Korn and Brian Murray gave a session about how Bughelper can make Bug Work Easier - they found a lot of interested new users, testers and hackers it seems. As I’ve worked on those tools before, I was particularly proud to see so many excited people in the audience.
- Pedro Villavivencio talked us through Bug Triage - all the goodness that comes from the QA Team: Bug Days, Hugs for Bugs days and invited everybody to #ubuntu-bugs - because that’s where the action is. I was particularly happy to see him announce 5.
- The last session of the days was mine. I had given a session about “Debdiffs and how to get them submitted” two days before, but instead of repeating the same old example I use all the time, I chose to come unprepared and picked one of the bitesize bugs - in the end the bug was a bit more complicated than it seemed, but we still nailed it down and it’s being reviewed right now. The excitement over our fixed bug was great and we had a great time there.
Today is the last day of our busy busy week and it will be full of Development goodness:
- 16:00 UTC - Martin Pitt will deliver another one of his excellent “Patching Packages” sessions.
- 17:00 UTC - The unbeatable Launchpad duo Celso Providelo and Matthew Revell will be up next with a talk about “Launchpad PPAs”.
- 18:00 UTC - The next turn is mine. We’ll have our “MOTU Q&A” session (normally every Fri, 13:00 UTC) in a different time slot this time. Bring all your questions. :-)
- 19:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC - Stefan Potyra will deliver a double session about the bread and butter of our distribution: Library Packaging! Bring it on!
Hope to see you all there!