Q: I have written a patch for Ubuntu, how can I forward it to Debian too?

A: Take a look at these two pages:

  1. _Make sure that it really applies to Debian too: has a list of changes that are deliberately different in Ubuntu. _
  2. _Check out and find out how to use submittodebian (in the ubuntu-dev-tools package) to forward it to debbugs. _

Q: What do Ubuntu developers look like?

A: Like this.

Q: I know that ‘gutsy’ is already released and you’re working on hardy, but I really need to get a change into ‘gutsy’.

A: The process for this is called Stable Release Updates (short SRU) and involves rigorous testing.


115 Words

2008-02-07 18:34 +0100

comments powered by Disqus