Ubuntu Open Week Is Back!
Seraphidian drummer and Bottle dance pioneer Jono Bacon just announced it: The Ubuntu Open Week is back! The schedule is amazing: 42 action-packed sessions that let you dive directly into the places where Ubuntu is happening.
You always wanted to dive into packaging and never did? This is exactly the right time for you to get involved. Why? We will have 7 sessions all about packaging and MOTU at Ubuntu Open Week. The timing is perfect: celebrate the Gutsy release with us and a few days later get all prepared for making us help “Hardy Heron” rock.
So what will the sessions be all about? We will have a bunch of MOTU members in there, so we’re quite confident we’ll answer a lot of your questions. Kubuntu hacker Brandon Holtsclaw will be talking about patching packages and give a general MOTU Q&A session. After that you should feel more comfortable with the process to get involved and know where to look things up, etc. In the Packaging 101 I plan to get you up to scratch with basic tasks a MOTU needs every day, like updating a package (ever felt “we should have version 1.5 of XYZ in the next release”? - do it yourself and get it included in Ubuntu!) or what’s required to submit a patch to Ubuntu. Of course I’ll try to answer all your questions.
- Tue 23rd Oct 15.00 UTC: Packaging 101 - Session 1 - Daniel Holbach
- Tue 23rd Oct 16.00 UTC: Packaging 101 - Session 2 - Daniel Holbach
- Wed 24th Oct 19.00 UTC: Packaging 101 - Session 1 - Daniel Holbach
- Wed 24th Oct 20.00 UTC: Packaging 101 - Session 2 - Daniel Holbach
- Fri 26th Oct 20.00 UTC: Patching Packages - Brandon Holtsclaw
- Fri 26th Oct 21.00 UTC: MOTU Q+A - Brandon Holtsclaw
- Sat 27th Oct 21.00 UTC: Patching Packages - Brandon Holtsclaw
This means Rock’n’Roll for YOU and the MOTU team, because what we cover in the session will enable you to get started as MOTU contributor. Join in and Hardy is going to be YOUR release cycle!